Databases are subscription services that the library provides for your use at no cost to you. (Home Access requires a 13-digit Library Card)
- AtoZdatabases- The Premier Job Search, Reference, and Mailing List Databases. The databases include 2.3 million job listings, 30 million business & executive profiles, 1.1 million healthcare professionals, and much more. Ideal for sales leads, mailing lists, market research, employment opportunities, finding friends and relatives, and much more!
- Academic Search Premier- The world’s largest academic database, Academic Search Premier provides full text for nearly 4,650 serials, including full text for more than 3,600 peer-reviewed titles. PDF backfiles to 1975 or further are available for well over one hundred journals, and searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,000 titles. Updated daily.
- Chilton Library- Find online instructions for vehicle repair.
- Driving-tests.org- This Ohio specific driver's education resource includes multiple free practice tests for the car, motorcycle, and CDL driver's exams. Driver's manuals are also available digitally through this resource.
- Explora- Meet EBSCO’s new interface for schools and public libraries. Designed specifically for its users, this database supports student research and classroom instruction.
- Masterfile Premier- Full text articles from nearly 1,800 business, health, news, and hobby magazines, including Consumer Reports, Health, Time, and many more. It also offers indexing and abstracts for over 2,700 periodicals. Full text files go as far back as January of 1990, while indexing and abstracts go as far back as January of 1984. Updated daily.
- Newspaper Source- Newspaper Source provides selected full text for 25 national (U.S.) and international newspapers. The database also contains full text television & radio news transcripts, and selected full text for more than 200 regional (U.S.) newspapers. This database is updated daily via EBSCOhost.
- Points of View Reference Center- Points of View Reference Center contains many topics, each with an overview, point and counterpoint. Providing a balance of materials from all viewpoints, it also includes over 1,300 main essays, leading political magazines from all sides of the political spectrum, newspapers, radio & TV news transcripts, primary source documents and reference books. It also offers guides for writing position papers, developing arguments and debating. Containing resources that present multiple sides of an issue, this database provides the basis from which students can realize and develop persuasive arguments and essays, better understand controversial issues and develop analytical thinking skills.
- World Book Online- All the information of World Book Encyclopedia in a searchable database, geared for all ages.
- Ancestry Library (In-library access only)- Gain access to genealogical resources such as censuses, vital records, immigration records, family histories, military records, and more.
- Rutherford B. Hayes Obituary Index-Search for Ohio obituaries, death and marriagenotices, and other sources from the 1810s to present day. Actual obituaries may be ordered from partner libraries.
- Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps- Historical maps of Ohio cities.
Health & Business
- Business Source Premier- This is the industry’s most used business research database, providing the full text for more than 8,800 serials. Business Source Premier provides full text back to 1965 and searchable cited references back as far as 1998. Coverage includes virtually all subject areas related to business. Updated daily.
- Consumer Health Complete- Full text journals, magazines, and reference books from EBSCOhost dealing with health, wellness, fitness, and nutrition – coverage includes a focus on the complementary, holistic and integrated approaches to health and wellness. Browse medical, health-related and drug reference books. Read articles on health and fitness. Find sources for alternative health information.
- Consumer Reports- Consumer buying guide & product reviews.
- Foundation Directory Online (In-library access only)- Search for grants, grantmakers, companies, 990s, and nonprofit literature.
- MEDLINE- MedlinePlus brings you information about diseases, conditions, and wellness issues in a way that is easy to understand. Learn about the latest treatments, look up information on a drug or supplement, find out the meanings of words, or view medical videos or illustrations.
- Ohio Means Jobs- View job openings, apply, and post your resumé.
- Biography Reference Bank- More than 72,000 biographies and obituaries and more than 20,000 photographs of the subjects. Many of the biographies are enhanced with full text, abstracts, and citations. The biographies are searchable by name, profession, title, place of origin, gender, race/ethnicity, titles of works, date of birth, date of death, keyword, and presence of images.
- Science Online- Science Online offers a comprehensive, curriculum-oriented overview of a broad range of scientific disciplines in a variety of useful formats. The accessible content is organized by subject area and type of resource, as well as by national and state science education standards. Also includes more than 1,100 science experiments and activities, indexed by grade range, subject category, and time required.
- Science Reference Center- Topics covered in Science Reference Center include biology, chemistry, earth and space science, environmental science, health and medicine, history of science, life science, physics, science and society, science as inquiry, scientists, technology and wildlife. By providing a wide range of topics, Science Reference Center satisfies the demand for standards-based content by providing teachers and librarians with articles correlated to state and national curriculum standards. Science Reference Center contains full text for hundreds of science encyclopedias, reference books, periodicals and other sources.
- What’s That Snake?- Ohio snake identification guide.
- What’s The Point?- Identifying flint artifacts.
- What Tree Is It?- Ohio tree identification guide.
Literature & Books
- About: Books- Information on books and authors.
- American & English Full Text Literature Collections- Electronic books of American and English literature - poetry, drama, fiction, and the Bible - originally published in print - produced by ProQuest / Chadwyck-Healey.
- Author Check- Have a favorite author? Have 20? It's tough to keep track of which author has books coming out soon, so let us do it for you! Subscribe via email if you would like to get notified when a new book by your favorite authors arrives at Lima Public Library.
- New Book Alerts- Have a favorite type of book? Get notified once per month with the new titles that Lima Public Library Added to that category. Whether it's teen fiction, mystery thrillers, or crafts you'll get the first look at our newest additions.
- SelectReads- Receive a monthly e-mail of books in whatever category you select. It's like you're own personal librarian suggesting books for you to read! The best part is that the titles e-mailed to you are definitely available to check out at the Lima Public Library.