These websites are trusted sources of information.
- Allen County Auditor- Search for property information, property maps, and unclaimed funds. View county financial statements and dog tag information.
- Allen County Ohio- Here you will find news and information from your elected officials and various
- Allen County Sheriff- View Sheriff sales, report a crime, search sex offenders, view Amber alerts, and learn about concealed carry permit laws.
- Area Agency on Aging- Find programs and services for the elderly.
- City of Lima- Find city events and news, reach city departments and services, and browse the "How Do I?" section.
- Lima Allen Council on Community Affairs (LACCA)- Helps connect low income citizens in Allen County with assistance programs.
- Lima Allen County Chamber of Commerce- View upcoming Chamber events, find local businesses, view local job listings.
- Lima Allen County Regional Planning Commission- Find local statistical information on the topics of economy, education, environment, health, housing, population & demographics, public safety, and more.
- Lima Memorial Health Care System- Find information about your hospital stay, services offered, careers, and health information.
- Lima News- Access local and regional news.
- St. Rita's Medical Center- Find information about your hospital stay, services offered, maps & directions, finding a doctor, careers, and health information.
- The 419- Read community news for Lima and Allen County.
Business & Finance
- Big Charts- An investment research site featuring interactive charts, quotes, industry analysis and intraday stock screeners, as well as market news and commentary.
- Bloomburg Market Data- Quickly find current stock information on the Market Data page.
- Business Source- (Library card number required) Business Source Premier is the industry's most popular business research database, featuring the full text for more than 2,200 journals.
- Small Business Administration- The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) is an independent agency of the federal government which aids, counsels, assists and protects the interests of small business.
- The Motley Fool- Offers news, stocks, analysis, and commentary.
- Yahoo Finance- Stocks, business news, and average loan rates.
- AnyWho- AnyWho provides a free online white pages directory where you can find people by their name, address or you can do a reverse lookup by phone number.
- White Pages- Look up phone numbers and addresses for people or businesses. Includes reverse phone option.
- Yellow Pages- Look up phone numbers, addresses, and hours for businesses.
Employment Resources & Adult Learning
- EveryoneOn- Find free computer and internet training classes in your area. The website also includes information on computer basics, job searches, accessing government resources, and connecting with family and friends.
- Ohio Department of Job & Family Services- Find valuable information about unemployment compensation, health care, cash assistance, food assistance, child care, child support enforcement and administration, and employment and training assistance.
- Ohio Means Jobs- View job openings, apply, and post your resumé.
- Ohio.gov Working & Employment- Get connected with information about employee rights, job opportunities, licenses & permits, small business & self employment, training & development, and unemployment.
- Internet Movie Database- IMDb is a popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content. Find out what year a movie was made or all films by a specific actor.
- Pogo Games- Play free online games, including puzzle, word, card, and board games.
- Yahoo Games- Play the latest online games on Yahoo! Games.
- Yahoo Movies- Find movie news, show times, and new releases.
- Allen County Genealogy Society- Find information about your local genealogy chapter as well as resources and services offered.
- Ancestry Library Edition (In Library Access Only) - Gain access to genealogical resources such as censuses, vital records, immigration records, family histories, military records, and more.
- Cyndi's List - A comprehensive, categorized & cross-referenced list of links that point you to genealogical research sites online.
- Family Search - FamilySearch is the largest genealogy organization in the world. Return results for many types of records in a single search.
- Find A Grave - Search by name for birth, death, and burial locations. Many entries include photos of the tombstones.
- Ohio Genealogical Society- The Ohio Genealogical Society is the largest state genealogical society in the U.S. Its mission is to meet the educational needs of its members and the general public through the acquisition, preservation, and dissemination of genealogical and historical information.
- Ohio Historical Society- Get connected with all things related to Ohio history. We help people connect with Ohio’s past to understand the present and create a better future.
- Ohio Memory- the mission of the Ohio Memory Project is to provide access to historical treasures of Ohio, bringing together primary sources from all parts of the state in an online scrapbook that celebrates state and local history.
- Roots Web's Soundex Converter- The Soundex system is a method of indexing names in the 1880, 1900, 1910, and 1920 US Census. Soundex can also aid genealogists by identifying spelling variations for a given surname.
- Rutherford B. Hayes Obituary Index- An index to 2,750,000 obituaries, death & marriage notices & other sources from Ohio from the 1810s to the present day. Actual obits may be ordered from over 60 partner libraries; only Hayes Library has online ordering.
- Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps- Search Sanborn Historic Maps, large scale street plans produced by the Sanborn Fire Insurance company from 1867 to 1970. These maps are used by a wide range of researchers to locate and identify buildings and neighborhoods, study the growth of towns and cities.
- Bartlett's Familiar Quotations- Search popular quotations or browse by author or keyword.
- Biography Reference Bank- This database contains biographical full-text articles, page images and abstracts from today’s leading magazines and journals.
- Census Quick Facts- QuickFacts includes statistics for all states and counties, and for cities and towns with more than 5,000 people in the United States.
- CIA World Fact Book - Provides information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues for 267 world entities. Also has physical, political, and time zone maps.
- Driving-tests.org- This Ohio specific driver's education resource includes multiple free practice tests for the car, motorcycle, and CDL driver's exams. Driver's manuals are also available digitally through this resource.
- Infoplease- An online almanac, atlas, encyclopedia, dictionary, and thesaurus published by Pearson Education.
- Google Maps & Directions- Enter your starting and ending points for turn by turn travel directions.
- Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary- Word definitions from a reliable source.
- Presidents of the United States- In this resource you will find background information, election results, cabinet members, notable events, and some points of interest on each of the presidents.
- Unite Connect Ohio- Unite Connect Ohio provides an up-to-date collection of resources for people, communities, libraries and organizations that have been affected by current events.
- Zip Code Lookup- Look up ZIP Codes by street address, city, and state. Or, find all ZIP Codes within a city and state.
- Citizenship Resource Center- From the Department of Homeland Security this website hosts information and resources about the naturalization process including study materials for the test.
- Index of U.S. Government Departments & Agencies- An alphabetic index to all U.S. government agencies with links to their official websites.
- IRS- Find tax forms, filing instructions, check your tax refund status, and more.
- Fuel Economy- This website features fuel economy data for new and used passenger vehicles dating back to 1984.
- My Ohio Vote- Learn about voting, check or update your voter registration, and find election results.
- Ohio.gov- Get connected with government information related to finding work, starting a business, filing taxes, reaching state and government agencies, voting, and driving.
- Social Security- Connect to information regarding your Social Security benefits and more.
Health & Medical
- Mayo Clinic- Find health information by disease, explore symptoms, look up drug information, and find out about tests and procedures.
- Medline Plus- MedlinePlus brings you information about diseases, conditions, and wellness issues in a way that is easy to understand. Learn about the latest treatments, look up information on a drug or supplement, find out the meanings of words, or view medical videos or illustrations.
- The Merck Manuals- This site provides online versions of the following Merck Medical Manuals:
- The Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy
- The Merck Manual of Patient Symptoms
- The Merck Manual Home Health Handbook
- The Merck Manual for Pet Health
- The Merck Veterinary Medicine
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine- Locate general information about alternative and complementary therapies with links to research studies currently being conducted on alternative therapies for a variety of issues.
- National Institutes of Health Office of Dietary Supplements- The Health Information sections describe what constitutes dietary supplements and includes fact sheets on supplements, safety notices, access to the International Bibliographic Information on Dietary Supplements Database, Dietary Reference Intakes (DRI) and Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDA ).
- PubMed- PubMed comprises more than 23 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.
- U.S. National Library of Medicine- The National Library of Medicine is a government website providing access to a large variety of medical databases and resources.