The primary purpose of the meeting rooms at Lima Public Library is to provide facilities for library related activities. The library's needs for meeting rooms take precedence over all other uses. As a community service, the library makes its meetings available for use by non-profit community groups when they are not being used for library related activities.
Programs Must Be:
- Free to attend and for non-profit.
- Consistent with informational, educational or cultural purpose of the Library.
- Non-soliciting in nature.
Access to meeting rooms is only available during regular business hours. All meetings must end in a sufficient amount of time to clean and exit room at least 15 minutes before closing.
Monday-Thursday 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (5:45 p.m.)
Friday & Saturday 10:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m. (4:45 p.m.)
Policy and Procedures:
The Library does not advocate or endorse the viewpoints of any group or individual. Groups using the meeting rooms must not disrupt the normal functions of the Library. The use of meeting rooms for commercial or sectarian meetings is not permitted.
- Meeting rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The library reserves the right to change or cancel any meeting if circumstances at the library so demand, including room assignment based on the size of the group.
- Clean-up of the room is required.
- No smoking and no alcoholic beverage rules are strictly enforced.
- Cancellations should be made as soon as possible in order to make the rooms available for others.
- Meeting Rooms are not available for receptions and private parties.
- The library furnishes the following equipment: tables, chairs, audiovisual equipment (including microphones in select rooms). Kitchen facilities are available but no supplies provided.
- All users of the meeting rooms agree to hold the Library harmless from any and all claims, injuries, losses and damages, obligations or liabilities, directly or indirectly relating from their use. In no event shall the library have any liability for lost profits or indirect, special, punitive, or consequential damages or any liability to any third party, even if the library is advised of the possibility of such damages.
- The use of meeting rooms by a non-library group shall not be publicized in such a way as to imply library sponsorship of the group's activities unless the activities are being co-sponsored by the Library.
- An adult 21 years of age or older must be responsible for the room and must be the signer of the contract. Any damage shall be the responsibility of the group using the room and the replacement cost for damaged or destroyed items shall be charged.
Auditorium: accommodates 100 people
Meeting Room 1: accommodates 15 people
Meeting Room 2: accommodates 35 people
Memorial Book Room: accommodates 32 people
To reserve a meeting room please email Arin Burton at email@example.com or contact by phone at 567-289-3290.